Steamboat Ski Area
Whether you’re stepping foot into a local pub, one of our charming boutiques, or stepping off the gondola, the reception is the same – warm. But the down home genuine friendliness is only half the reason people choose to vacation in Steamboat. Nestled 7,000 feet up in the Colorado Rockies, Steamboat is one of North America’s largest ski mountains.
With 165 trails, 3600 vertical feet, and nearly 3,000 skiable acres, its six peaks are filled with world-class groomed cruisers, bumps, steeps, open meadows, and legendary tree skiing.
Visit steamboat.com for more details.
2018-2019 Winter Season Dates
- Full Season: November 21, 2018 – April 14, 2019
- Hours of operation: 8:30am – 4:00pm*
- Base Elevation: 6,900 feet/2103 meters
- Christie Peak Elevation: 8,020 feet/2444 meters
- Mid-Mountain Elevation: 9,080 feet/2768 meters
- Summit/Mt. Werner Elevation: 10,568 feet/3224 meters
- Vertical Rise: 3,668 feet/1118 meters
- Permitted Acres: 2,965 acres/1,200 hectares
- Trails: 165 named trails
- Trail Classification: 14% Beginner 42% Intermediate 44% Advanced
- Longest Run: Why Not – over 3 miles/4.8km
- Uphill Capacity: 41,026 per hour
- Snowmaking: 375 acres/152 hectares
- Annual Snowfall: 336″/854cm – annually
*Hours of operation subject to change.