Family Fun in Steamboat Springs
The Steamboat Grand has an array of family activities and services to make your Colorado vacation more fun, and easier than ever.
Fun Activities to Do
There are numerous things for families to do both at the Steamboat Grand and around the town of Steamboat.
At The Grand
- Swim - Pools are a great way for your entire family to relax or just have a great time splashing around in the water. The Steamboat Grand's outdoor pool and two large hot tub spas are the best in town, and the pool is heated year-round. Your family will have fun no matter what time of the year you decide to come.
- Games - Enjoy our many arcade machines as well as playing some air hockey.
- Movie Nights - Don't feel like going out at night? Rent a movie and call in the room service! All of our rooms are equipped with HDTVs and DVD players so you can enjoy movies whenever you desire in your room.
- Explore the Ski Area Base Area - The bottom of the ski area is host to numerous family activities. Shops, restaurants, and snow tubing are just some of the fun things you can enjoy at the base area.
- Shop Downtown - Exploring downtown Steamboat Springs is yet another great activity for families. Families can check out the many shops and restaurants or just take a leisurely stroll down by the scenic Yampa River.
- Hiking - Steamboat is host to some of the best hiking in the world. Take a hike up the ski area or try out numerous other trails including Spring Creek or Emerald Mountain
- Child Care - Our conceirge can provide a list of locally licensed and bonded babysitters. During the ski season, let Steamboat's specially trained Child Care staff care for non-skiing children, ages 6 months to kindergarten. All staff is background checked and has specific experience and certifications including CPR and first aid, child care and/or education.
- Laundry - The Steamboat Grand offers coin-operated laundry facilities for guests so you won't need to pack as many clothes, especially for a small child who enjoys playing with their food more than eating it!
- Get the Right Room & Bed Configuration - From hotel rooms, studios, one-, two- & three-bedroom condominiums to penthouses, The Steamboat Grand has it all and our reservation specialists will help you determine which configuration is best for you and your family.
- Ensure Your Room has Kid-Friendly Amenities - When traveling with children, refrigerators and kitchenettes are a necessity to hold their favorite cold snacks and drinks. It's also important to have a room with a bathtub instead of a shower for smaller children. No problem at The Steamboat Grand! We offer a variety of room types and features.
- Call Ahead - Contact our reservations team with any questions or requests you have. This will ensure we have ample time to provide you with the best experiece possible.