The Steamboat Grand has an array of family oriented services to make your vacation funner and easier than ever.
Fun Activities to Do
There are numerous things for families to do both at the Steamboat Grand and around the town of Steamboat.
At The Grand:
- Swim-Pools are a great way for your entire family to relax or just have a great
time splashing around in the water. The Steamboat Grand's outdoor pool and two large hot tub spas are the best in
town, and the pool is heated year-round. Your family will have fun no matter what time of the year you decide to come.
- Games-Enjoy our many arcade machines as well as playing some air hockey.
- Movie Nights-Don't feel like going out at night? Rent a movie and call in
the room service! All of our rooms are equipped with HDTVs and DVD players so you can enjoy movies whenever
you desire in your room.
- Explore the Ski Area Base Area-The bottom of the ski area is host to numerous
family activities. Shops, restaurants, and snow tubing are just some of the fun things you can enjoy at the base area.
- Shop Downtown-Exploring downtown Steamboat Springs is yet another great
activity for families. Families can check out the many shops and restaurants or just take a leisurely stroll
down by the scenic Yampa River.
- Hiking-Steamboat is host to some of the best hiking in the world. Take a
hike up the ski area or try out numerous other trails including Spring Creek or Emerald Mountain
- Child Care-Our conceirge can provide a list of locally licensed and bonded babysitters. During the ski season, let Steamboat's specially trained Child Care staff care for
non-skiing children, ages 6 months to kindergarten. All staff is background checked and has specific experience
and certifications including CPR and first aid, child care and/or education.
- Laundry-The Steamboat Grand offers coin-operated laundry facilities for
guests so you won't need to pack as many clothes, especially for a small child who enjoys playing with their
food more than eating it!
- Get the Right Room & Bed Configuration-While families with older
children may prefer connecting rooms for privacy, families with younger children may prefer suites to allow
a child to nap in a closed bedroom while others watch TV, read or lounge. Still others prefer large rooms
with sleeper sofas and space for a crib. From hotel rooms, studios, one-, two- & three-bedroom condominiums
to penthouses, The Steamboat Grand has it all and our reservation specialists will help you determine which
configuration is best for you and your family.
- Ensure Your Room has Kid-Friendly Amenities-When traveling with children,
refrigerators and kitchenettes are a necessity to hold their favorite cold snacks and drinks. It's also important
to have a room with a bathtub instead of a shower for smaller children. No problem at The Steamboat Grand!
We offer a variety of room types and features.
- Call Ahead-Contact our reservations team with any questions or requests
you have. This will ensure we have ample time to provide you with the best experiece possible.